Nassau County, Long Island and Downstate New York Hospital Liability Law Firm
Defense against Hospital Professional Liability
At the law office of Montfort, Healy, McGuire & Salley LLP, our attorneys defend hospitals and medical professionals in administrative hearings before government agencies.
We counsel hospitals about daily operational issues associated with administrative law throughout New York City, Manhattan, Mineola, and Garden City, New York. Contact our managing partner to determine whether your institution complies with administrative law related to:
- Bylaws, protocols, policies, and procedures: We draft documents and create policies that ensure you comply with state and federal healthcare standards. We also draft and review medical staff bylaws that define staff standards and licensing procedures.
Potential patient problems threaten the financial stability of your facility. It is important to deal with these problems before they become serious.
- Mental hygiene law: We will represent you in hearings related to Involuntary Admission on Medical Certification, and Emergency Admissions under Section 9 of the Mental Hygiene Law.
- Patient refusal of treatment: We will protect you from liability when a patient refuses medical treatment. Our attorneys are available anytime to prepare the Office of Mental Health Policy documents, and represent you in emergency judicial hearings at the hospital.
- Right to die: Our firm makes sure you comply with the laws related to DNR policies. We provide consultations on issues related to living wills, healthcare proxies, and can serve on your Medical Ethics Committee.
Healthcare regulations and laws change constantly in response to legal and technological developments. In order to protect institutions against liability, it is important to stay abreast of these changes.
- New York State Department of Health hearings: We draft policies and defend claims before the state Department of Health.
- Civil rights and discrimination claims: Our firm also defends hospitals against sexual harassment, Section 1983, and discrimination claims.
- Criminal defense: Violations of federal regulations could subject you to criminal liability. We defend medical professionals against allegations of criminal wrongdoing.
- Termination of privileges proceeding: We advise hospitals through all phases of the termination proceeding, ensuring they comply with state and federal administrative law.
To learn more about administrative law, contact our managing partner at Montfort, Healy.
Our law firm handles personal injury, medical malpractice and other insurance defense litigation matters in the State of New York, specifically in the counties of Nassau, Suffolk, Queens (Long Island), Kings (Brooklyn), New York (Manhattan), Richmond (Staten Island), Bronx and Westchester.