Garden City, Nassau County Lawyer
Jeffrey D. Present joined the firm in 1987, and has been a partner since 2000. Jeffrey has tried cases in almost every county in the First and Second Judicial Departments, primarily involving serious automobile accident and premises liability actions. He also has extensive experience in litigating declaratory judgment, insurance coverage matters and has frequently lectured before bar groups throughout the state, including before the New York State Judicial Institute. In addition, to presenting seminars to insurance company personnel and claims managers on the issues of arbitration, insurance coverage and defense of tort litigation, Jeffrey developed and presented a CLE (Continuing Legal Education) program at Hofstra University School of Law entitled “Liability issues in Automobile Cases,” pursuant to the requirements for the continuing education of attorneys admitted to practice in New York. He also has participated in several New York State Bar Association presentations on trial techniques and deposition techniques.
Areas of Practice:
- Insurance – Tort Law
- Trial and Appellate
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1988
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1988
- Pace University School of Law, White Plains, New York, 1987, J.D.
- Queens College, City University of New York, 1984, B.A.
Honors and Awards:
- GEICO Leadership Award, 1999
- Young Lawyers Award, NYS Bar Association
- Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section, 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New York Bar Association, Member
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Arbitration Forums, Inc., Arbitrator
- NYC & L.I. Panel, 2005