Garden City, Nassau County Lawyer
Frank J. Cafaro was admitted to practice in New York State in 1963. He has represented the firm’s core clients in professional liability defense litigation for more than 40 years. During this period of time, Mr. Cafaro has tried over 100 cases to verdict. He has represented corporate defendants, insurance carriers, product manufacturers, hospitals, municipalities, public utilities, and many individual physicians, nurses, and technicians employed in the medical community.
Mr. Cafaro has lectured widely for the Suffolk County Bar Association, Nassau County Bar Association and New York State Bar Association. Topics included “Medical Malpractice Litigation (for defendant),” “Jury Selection Techniques,” “Winning Openings and Summations,” “Jury Selection and Opening Statements for the Defense.” He has also lectured at the Toro Law Center on “How to Conduct a Deposition.”
He was awarded the Presidential Award of Merit by the Suffolk County Bar Association Craco Task Force IV Court Management Committee.
1963, New York; 1966, U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Lehigh University (B.A., 1956); Fordham University School of Law (LL.B., 1962)
Areas of Practice
- Trial Practice
Associations and Memberships:
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Member of Panel, American Arbitration Association
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association (Director, 1974-; Treasurer, 1977, Vice Chairman, 1980-1981; Chairman, 1982-1983)
- Grievance Committee for the Tenth Judicial District of the Appellate Division, Second Department, 1990-1991
- New York State Bar Association, Executive Committee (I.N.C.L. Section)
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Judiciary Committee, 1982-1984
- Supreme Court Committee
- Bench Bar Committee (current)
- Federation of Insurance and Corporate Counsel
- Fellow of American Board of Professional Liability Attorneys
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Faculty, “How to Conduct a Civil Trial”, Suffolk Academy of Law Lecture Series, Trial Advocacy, 2008