Garden City, Nassau County Lawyer
Donald S. Neumann Jr. was admitted to the Bar in New York State in 1974 and began his career with Montfort, Healy, McGuire & Salley the same year. Initially, he focused exclusively in trial practice and gaining a broad range of trial experience in automobile, premises, municipal, medical malpractice and products liability. He was also responsible for any question of insurance coverage that arose during the course of litigation.
Beginning in 1980, his practice concentrated primarily in medical malpractice defense. His areas of concentration included vascular and bypass surgery, general surgery, and infectious diseases. He managed a caseload of approximately eighty malpractice cases, the majority of which were resolved by discontinuance or dismissal, either prior to or during trial.
Since 1986, he has served an active trial practitioner. Since 1998, he has also served as the head of the firm’s appellate department, having recorded approximately 250 reported appellate decisions, including four cases from the New York State Court of Appeals, the highest ranking court in New York State. He has also handled appeals in the United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit.
Areas of Practice:
- Trial Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- 98% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 1973
- New York, 1974
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1975
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2003
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2007
- Colby College, BA
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Nassau County, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- New York Bar Association, Member
- Defense Association of New York, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member