Garden City, Nassau County Lawyer
Philip J. Catapano was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1973. Since 1977, a major portion of Mr. Catapano’ s practice has been devoted to the defense of medical malpractice actions. He has represented both physicians and major hospitals in the greater metropolitan area, with special expertise in the field of obstetrics and gynecology, including perinatal, neonatal, and maternal-fetal medicine.
He was named by Digital Press International as one of the “Ten Leaders of Personal Injury and Civil Law of Long Island” for 2004-2005. He has been named a “Super Lawyer” seven years in succession.
Mr. Catapano was inducted into the American College of Trial Lawyers at its winter
meeting in 2005.
1972, Arizona; 1973, New York; 1974, U.S. District Court, Eastern District Court of New York.
Union University (B.A., 1966); St. John’s University (J.D., 1971)
Areas of Practice:
- Medical Malpractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Nassau County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association (Director, 1979-present; Treasurer, 1986-1987; Vice Chairman, 1989-1990; Chairman, 1990-1991)
- Nassau County Chair Supreme Court Committee, 1992-1993; New York State Bar Association, Executive Committee (I.N.C.L. Section)
- Grievance Committee for the Tenth Judicial District of the Appellate Division, Second Judicial Department, 1987-1994
- American College of Trial Lawyers, 2005
New York State Bar Association: Chair of “Winning Openings and Summations”; New York State Bar Association Chair and Moderator on “How to Try an Auto Accident Case”; Nassau County Bar Association: “Effective Methods of Cross-Examination”; The Nassau County Academy of Law: “Medical Expert Direct and Cross-Examination”; Hofstra University School of Law: CLE Program at Hofstra University, “Liability Issues in Automobile Cases.”
Honors and Awards:
American Jurisprudence Awards in Arbitration, Contracts, Constitutional Law and Legal Research Writing; Named by Digital Press International as one of the Ten Leaders of Civil Trial Law on Long Island for 2004-2005.